ORGANIZER (host) OF THE CONCERT IN ŻORY:
Parish of St. App. Philip and Jacob in Żory
Evangelical-Augsburg Parish in Żory
Ewa Adamczyk-Ścibik, Organizational Director of the Concert in Żory. – Originator of the Concert
Town Council od Żory – Co-organizer
THE AIMS OF THE CONCERT:
cultivating religious music in an ecumenical (especially liturgical) form
promoting the town of Żory in the country and abroad
sharing experiences, establishing contacts between choir groups
promoting and inspiring valuable music for sacred purposes
the ability to distinguish the theological message of the content of penitential and passion songs
THE CONCERT TERMS:
1. The Concert participants perform penitential and passion songs - (Lent theme).
2. The organizer determines the terms of contracts with choirs individually regarding the performance
(depending on the choir).
3. The Concert participant agrees to have the photographs and recording of the performance
4. The Concert participant terminating the agreement bears the logistic costs related to his
1. The Concert in Żory will be held on Friday and Saturday, a week before Palm Sunday.
2. Host of the Concert in Żory:
- first day – Friday – Evangelical-Augsburg Parish in Żory
- second day – Saturday – Parish of St. App. Philip and Jacob in Żory
3. The organizer invites to participate in the International Ecumenical Concert of Penitential and
Passion Music: instrumental ensembles, amateur choirs (as part of the support), professional choirs
of various Christian denominations (e.g. Catholic, Orthodox, Greek Catholic, Evangelical).
4. Minimum one foreign choir will take part in the two-day edition of the Concert
5. On Saturday, at the end of the International Ecumenical Concert of Penitential and Passion Music in
Żory, an ecumenical service will be held in the Parish of St. App. Philip and Jacob in Żory
(with the participation of, among others, bishops of the above-mentioned churches).
The Office of the International Ecumenical Concert of Penitential and Passion Music in Żory
at the Parish of St. App. Philip and Jacob, 16 Garncarska Street, 44-240 Żory.
Detailed information is provided by the Organizational Director of the Concert:
Ewa Adamczyk-Ścibik, mobile: 604 185 073, e-mail: email@example.com